Thursday, May 04, 2006

Wrist watch

Ok. So I broke down and tried using the handle in the 'free form' straight ahead position shown in the "handle this" post from last week. The first thing I felt when pulling the bag along this was was a strange sense of relief. My hand naturally wants to fall to my side with my wrist facing into my body. This is exactly how the handle fits into the hand when unlocked and turned 90 degrees. I loved it! It was so natural to pull the bag this way that it makes the old way of locking the handle down to the "right hand" position seem antiquated already!

What I hated however was how the handle spun freely when pointed this way. When I went to turn a corner the handle first rotated and then the bag came along later. What I'd love to see is the handle lock down into this position as well. It's sooooo much more comfortable to pull the bag this way. Having it unlocked is not an option since the times the bag needs to get picked up by the handle it completely doesn't work without something rigidly connected to the rest of the bag. But I think those other T3 people are onto something. I'm converted. Tumi - can you design a handle that points at 90 degrees to the bag so that i can relax when I'm pulling the bag throgh the airport? Thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home