Sunday, April 30, 2006

My Tumi has Ears!

One of the reasons I chose the Tumi T3 is the futuristic design and superb fit and finish of the piece. In a world of drab hotel rooms, Dodge Cavaliers and Appleby's, it's nice to have something to remind me of the world I've left at home. Design. Quality. A loving family who sneak in treats or pictures into my luggage before a trip.




As I was setting up the luggage in my beige box hotel room to photograph the dichotomy of my two worlds, I was struck by the my bags 'ears' -- the straps of the computer bag flopping about over the edges of the T3 like Dumbo's flying ears. And I was reminded of how, like on Prince Charles, protruding ears are not a pretty sight. And worse, it's not just aesthetics, it's a practical problem too. As I boarded the plane earlier this afternoon in the mad rush down the hallway and secure storage space in the shared overhead bins, my bags ears were sticking out and catching on the armrests of the seats. Not just once. Twice. The sudden deceleration, fumbling, getting an entire line of people to back up while I detangle the bag. At least this time I was lucky. Both seats were unoccupied. It's worse when the ears have pinned someome's arm to armrest of have whisked out the inflight into the aisle. There needs to be a way to pin back the ears on the brief keeping the whole set built for speed. If anyone's listening and has any ideas, it would be good to know...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home