Sunday, April 30, 2006

Can you handle this?


Boston bound

Today was a good day for Tumi T3 spotters in the San Francisco International airport. I happened to be in line behind an unlikely owner of a T3. Typically the T3 is the favorite of those favoring high design and a willingness to pay for those beliefs. This person on the other hand was not a typicak T3 totaing fashion statement, and along side a newly mintedT3 she was carrying a tattered, overstuffed backpack. However, the mismatch wasn't what caught my eye. This did.


Her handle was in the free swivel mode. Seeing as how she was right in front me me, asked her if she wanted her handle to lock in the right hand position and she declined, citing that it was much more comfortable for her to pull her bag with the handle in the swivel position. I'd never thought of that and was wondering if the Tumi folks had either since in the midst of this stunning bag, the exposed innerworkings of the handle seemed unfinished and raw. Her credibility was low and I chalked it up to a T3 newbie taking a bug and turning it into a feature. (common in the software world)

About 10 minutes later I passed another T3. Again, this time, the typical 40 year old nattily suited male was pulling it with a briefcase sitting on top. Double take. He was puling his with the handle swiveling too! Is this one of those 'discoveries' that T3 owners have to come up with on their own?

In my risk averse state, (remember, I chose black) I have yet to embrace the swivel. But 2 of 2 today have claimed this was the way to go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home